The Global Diabetes Epidemic
According to the American Diabetes Association, Diabetes has become the most expensive chronic disease in the U.S. With more than 30 million Americans diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, and nearly 500 million globally, the impact of diabetes can’t be underestimated. LiveCare wants to be part of the solution.
Diabetes Health Facts
- $800 billion is spent annually on diabetes
- The average yearly cost for a person with diabetes is $16,752
Diabetics spend 2.3 times more on healthcare than a healthy person
- Heart disease is the number one cause of death among people with type 2 diabetes
- People with diabetes are 2 times more likely to have a stroke than people without diabetes
- Diabetes is the No. 1 cause of kidney failure, lower-limb amputations and adult blindness
- Throughout the world, it’s estimated that every 30 seconds one leg is amputated due to diabetes
- Every 5 minutes, 2 people die of diabetes-related causes
- Every 5 minutes 16 adults are newly diagnosed with diabetes
- Only 18% of those with diabetes test as prescribed by their treatment plan
Start Your Healthy Lifestyle Today
Give us a call to get your free connected blood glucose meter, test strips, customized health plan and 24/7 personal support – all covered by Medicare.
Here’s what happy LiveCare members say about our services:
LiveCare was there when I needed them. They’ve helped me feel more confident in my health choices and have made me more aware of the benefits of regular glucose testing.
Sandy at LiveCare called me when they saw that my numbers were too high. She patiently walked me through the steps I could take to lower them and followed up with me the very next day to see how I was feeling. Amazing support and personal attention!
My mother has always been inconsistent at properly testing for her diabetes. Now with the LiveCare service I know someone is looking out for her and will call when she doesn’t record her test when needed. They give me real peace of mind when I can’t be there.