Updated March 2023
LiveCare Health (The Company) and all services provided by The Company are HIPAA compliant. We respect our patients privacy and ensure that all data is secure. Information provided to LiveCare Health through this website or any other communication is never shared with third-party services.
It is our policy to comply with the rules and regulations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). We give contractual guarantees that we will use Protected Health Information (PHI) that we are granted access to only for the purposes for to fulfill services. We will safeguard the information from misuse, and will comply with their obligations under the HIPAA rules.
We have taken the necessary steps to assure LiveCare Health is compliant as follows:
Data is protected from unauthorized viewing/usage:
LiveCare Health access is restricted to only those employees that have a need to know. Servers and data storage units are in a secured SSAE 16 compliant data center with limited access. Data is received and forwarded via automated, electronic processes where no direct human intervention is required. Access or viewing of PHI is only allowed when required to fulfill services. Archive and backup tapes are encrypted and stored in a secured location in a fireproof safe.
Proper disposal of data:
At the end of a member’s contract with LiveCare Health their data is deleted from the system. No printed reports or paper copies are ever retained in our facility. If reports are ever printed to further fulfill service, they are shredded immediately upon completion of the task that required the paper output.
Privacy and Security Rule(s):
To protect the privacy and security of the PHI we have implemented the following processes:
- Patients must execute a Service Agreement to subscribe to our service
- All employees, contractors, sub-contractors, agents and representatives are
required to sign an
agreement to abide by the HIPAA Privacy Act and a Confidentiality & Non-Disclosure agreement
- Support data encryption on all websites and all reports
- E-mail address verification
- Restricted access to PHI on a need to know basis (via passwords and company policy)
- Automatic expiration of passwords
- 24/7 restricted access to SOC1, SOC2 and SOC3 certified Data Centers
- Office facility is locked 24/7, requires keycard access and has monitored
security system installed
throughout the facility
- Automated encrypted data backups
- Encrypted data backups stored in secured safe
- Automated virus checking
- HIPAA and Security awareness training for all employees, contractors,
sub-contractors, agents and
representatives is mandatory
- Employee termination security procedures in place
- All retired computer hard drives are shredded
- HIPAA Transaction and Code Set Rule: HIPAA compliant EDI transactions are used when applicable & HIPAA compliant Code Sets are used when applicable
LiveCare Health is committed to full and complete compliance with all HIPAA rules and regulations. As necessary, we will adjust our policies to adhere to our clients’ needs and to adjust to any changes in the HIPAA rules.
If you have any questions concerning our HIPAA compliance policies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1500 E. Venice Ave, Suite 411, Venice, FL 34292